Prophylaxis of switching apparatus (separators)
Evaluation of the condition of separators and contactors in operation
NOVA INDUSTRIAL S.A. evaluates the technical condition of the switching equipment in the installations based on the analysis of history data (regarding construction, factory tests, tests for commissioning or for preventive maintenance, incidents in operation, etc.) and by tests and measurements for the specific diagnosis of each type of switching devices.
Types of tests for SEPARATORS:
- measuring the insulation resistance of the secondary and / or auxiliary circuits of the actuating device;
- measuring the insulation resistance of parts made of organic and combined insulating materials;
- testing the insulation of the primary current path at the industrial frequency voltage in the closed and open positions of the separator;
- checking the contact resistance of the main knives and c.l.p. in static and dynamic regime;
- checking the electromechanical blockages of the separator actuator assembly (checking the blockages between the main knives and c.l.p.);
- functional checks at repeated closings and openings;
- measuring the torque resistant to the separator actuation;
- checking the tightness, the operation of the connector when the pressure drops, the dew point of SF6 (the case of load separators encapsulated in SF6);
- checking the kinematic characteristics (actuation times and non-simultaneity at closing and opening, speeds, accelerations, total stroke);
- measurement of maneuver vibrations;
- checking the behavior of the earthquake.
Types of tests for CONTACTORS:
- measuring the non-simultaneity of reaching contacts on each phase;
- measuring the voltage drop on contacts;
- measuring the ohmic resistance of current paths;
- measuring the insulation resistance of current paths;
- measuring the insulation resistance of auxiliary circuits (control and signaling);
- trying to insulate the main current paths with the increased voltage of the industrial frequency in the closed and open positions.