Power system grounding analysis
NOVA INDUSTRIAL S.A. experts can evaluate the technical condition of the power system grounding (PGS) new or in operation, according to the up-to-date technical standards (STAS 12604, PE 116, 3RE-I 23). For this purpose, experts perform specific measurements and tests, such as:
- test of the technical state of the underground part of the PGS and of the earthing connection continuity;
- measurement of the grounding resistance of the PGS;
- measurement of the step and touch voltage, inside or closed to the PGS, in addition to the measurement of the electric potential that may be transmitted through the long metallic objects that leave the tested substation space;
- test of the thermic stability of the PGS electrodes and of its contacts to the ground;
- test of the PGS corrosion level.
All the mentioned tests and measurements are done based on operational procedures confirmed by years of working- operation experience and by numerous measurements done by our power system experts.
The PGS evaluation activity is done based on the QA (quality assurance) system.
The apparatus and installations used for the measurement are of high performance and reliability, securing work conditions according to the QA manual and respecting 100% the operational procedures and the technical conditions.
If it is required, S.C. NOVA INDUSTRIAL S.A. experts can perform special tests for severe work conditions (i.e. tests for determining the soil pH or the soil specific thermic resistance).