NOVA EMCSIT – I
Equipment for on-line monitoring of high voltage circuit breakers
The NOVA EMCSIT – I equipment is intended for on-line monitoring of high voltage circuit breakers, providing on-line information about the operating parameters and the status of the monitored device, namely:
- the technical condition of the circuit breaker,
- closed / open operating status,
- operating times,
- non-simultaneity of operation between poles,
- arc times,
- contact speed,
- number of employees,
- contact wear,
- insulating fluid pressure,
- ambient temperature,
- operating state of the drive mechanism (motor current, operating times), etc.
– 13 analogic inputs:
- 5 entries with sampling rate of 10 kS/s/ channel:1 x current through the trip coil;
- 1 x the current through the trip coil ; 1/3 x phase current ;
- 8 entries with sampling rate 1 kS/s/ channel: 1 x battery voltage ; 1/3 x insulation fluid pressure;
- 1 x current through the drive motor; 1 x ambient temperature; 1 x internal temperature of the drive mechanism;
- 1 x reserve entry.
- improving information support for management, for real-time decision making;
- achieving the detection of defects in their incipient phase and thus preventing serious damage to equipment and related material losses;
- increasing the reliability and availability of the system, thus reducing the number and duration of accidental interruptions, so losses due to undelivered energy;
- increasing the speed of intervention and the quality of services provided by maintenance teams, in case of incidents / damages;
- increasing the safety of operating personnel;
- increasing the efficiency of maintenance works: the costs necessary for inspections and technical revisions of equipment are reduced; costs for repairing or replacing defective equipment; the cost of assembly and commissioning works;
- increasing the efficiency of maintenance technologies;
- achieving long-term data acquisition, thus improving information about the characteristics and operating conditions of the equipment;
- obtaining a history of the actual technical condition of the equipment at a better level than can be obtained using traditional diagnostic methods;
- ensuring better protection of the environment.
– 10 digital inputs: 1 x ignition contact; 1 x trigger contact; 1 x CSA contact; 1 x auxiliary contact A (optional);
– 1 x auxiliary contact B (optional); 1 x trigger initiation contact (optional); 1 x trigger initiation contact (optional);
– 3 x reserve entry.
Digital resolution: maximum 100 µs. Number of bits / sample: 13 bits for analog channels with read at 10kS/s and 10 bits for analog channels with read at 1 kS/s.
– 4 contact relay NO (dry / without potential contact): 1 x alarm relay contacts low value of control switch actuator voltage; 1 x improper pressure alarm relay contacts isolation fluid (optional); 2 x relay contacts available.
IED COMMUNICATION / CLIENT ( port / protocol / connection / client): RS232/485 Asynchronous protocol / USB connection (convertor) local / laptop; Ethernet 10/100/1000 (TCP/UDP) / CAT5/CAT6 cable, fiber optic plus media converter) / IED, command room server or regional center; Wireless / IED, control room server (optional).
The equipment can be integrated in the SCADA system.
SOFTWARE: Specialized computer system NOVA EMCSIT – I.
The NOVA EMCSIT – I can be used independently or in an integrated on-line monitoring system of primary equipment in high voltage power stations – Smart Grids.
The NOVA EMCSIT – I equipment can be used for any type of circuit breaker in electric power installations (regardless of the construction type or the condition of the new / old circuit breaker in operation), it can be easily parameterized according to the specific characteristics of the monitored circuit breaker; can be easily developed / upgraded according to new technical requirements.
The use of NOVA EMCSIT – I equipment provides the necessary conditions for: